JSP compiler cannot locate class files in import statements. Classes are located under WEB-INF/classes.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   david_taylor
Posted On:   Tuesday, January 14, 2003 11:19 PM

I am in the process of migrating a Servlet/JSP web application from tomcat 3.2.3 to tomcat 4.0.6 running on Compaq Tru64 Unix. The JDK version is 1.3.1. The server starts successfully however when the JSP compiler attempts to compile the JSP's it is unable to locate the class files in the packages given in the import statements. org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP/u110/app/cdw/DEV/apache/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6/work/Standalone/ localhost/cdw/_0002fcdw_0005flogin_0002ejspcdw_0005flogin_jsp_0.java:14: Class cdw.util.JSPUtils not found in import. import cdw.util.JSPUtils; ^ As an intermediate step in the migration I have succesfully installed and ran the app   More>>

I am in the process of migrating a Servlet/JSP web application from tomcat 3.2.3 to tomcat 4.0.6 running on Compaq Tru64 Unix.
The JDK version is 1.3.1. The server starts successfully however when the JSP compiler attempts to compile the JSP's it
is unable to locate the class files in the packages given in the import statements.

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP/u110/app/cdw/DEV/apache/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6/work/Standalone/

localhost/cdw/_0002fcdw_0005flogin_0002ejspcdw_0005flogin_jsp_0.java:14: Class cdw.util.JSPUtils not found in import.
import cdw.util.JSPUtils;
^

As an intermediate step in the migration I have succesfully installed and ran the application with
tomcat 4.0.6 on a Win2000 workstation before moving it to the Unix machine.

<<Less

Re: JSP compiler cannot locate class files in import statements. Classes are located under WEB-INF/classes.

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Wednesday, January 15, 2003 01:15 AM

The problems seems to be more of case sensitivity of class/package names. If you have deployed ur jars created on windows on to unix, then its definitely a catch.
About | Sitemap | Contact