How to track email messages that don't reach destination(or 'bomb' in some other way)?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   neal_ravindran
Posted On:   Tuesday, January 14, 2003 07:26 AM

I have an ecommerce application. It has the capability to sent out emails using JavaMail API. This is email en-mass(spell check that!..:) Some emails *could potentially* bomb(meaning, not reach the destination). I track the messages going out in the DB using an id (onsubmit of email form I collect all the info and store it and the id is comprised of userId+date+Time..Have any better ideas for an id..because date+Time will give the time the "send" button was clicked and NOT the actual time email is send out). a)How can I know from the email server,using JavaMail, that an email did not reach the destination? b)How can I tie the error data to the original message details stored in DB?    More>>

I have an ecommerce application. It has the capability to sent out emails using JavaMail API. This is email en-mass(spell check that!..:) Some emails *could potentially* bomb(meaning, not reach the destination).

I track the messages going out in the DB using an id (onsubmit of email form I collect all the info and store it and the id is comprised of userId+date+Time..Have any better ideas for an id..because date+Time will give the time the "send" button was clicked and NOT the actual time email is send out).
a)How can I know from the email server,using JavaMail, that an email did not reach the destination?
b)How can I tie the error data to the original message details stored in DB?

<<Less

Re: How to track email messages that don't reach destination(or 'bomb' in some other way)?

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Tuesday, January 14, 2003 09:49 AM

About | Sitemap | Contact