dcsimg
HA JNDI lookup
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Peder_Pedersen
Posted On:   Friday, January 10, 2003 08:30 AM

Hi, Is there any way for a JMS client to specify a list of SwiftMQ routers when looking up administered objects (connection factories, topics,...)? I.e. use something like: env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL,"smqp://router1:4001, router2:4001,..."); ... for the InitialContext properties. Or will the client have to manually try all known routers? I would like to be able to cater for the situation where one or more of the routers are down. Thank you, - Peder PS: I'm evaluating SwiftMQ for a system that would have a few topics and do not need message delivery guarantees. However, if a router does go down, the JMS clients should   More>>

Hi,

Is there any way for a JMS client to specify a list of SwiftMQ routers when looking up administered objects (connection factories, topics,...)?
I.e. use something like:

env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL,"smqp://router1:4001, router2:4001,...");

... for the InitialContext properties. Or will the client have to manually try all known routers?

I would like to be able to cater for the situation where one or more of the routers are down.

Thank you,

- Peder

PS:

I'm evaluating SwiftMQ for a system that would have a few topics and do not need message delivery guarantees. However, if a router does go down, the JMS clients should use a different router as soon as possible.

<<Less

Re: HA JNDI lookup

Posted By:   Andreas_Mueller  
Posted On:   Friday, January 10, 2003 09:26 AM

You would have to manually try all known routers. However, it's not a big deal to implement in the client what you've suggested above.

SwiftMQ will implement such kind of HA facilities in future releases.
About | Sitemap | Contact