dcsimg
signed RMI-client applet throws security exception
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Andrew_Ferguson
Posted On:   Friday, January 10, 2003 05:03 AM

hi I have a signed applet that acts as an RMI-client, the problem is that it throws this java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.net.SocketPermission 10.1.255.251:2725 connect,resolve) at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission (Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission (Unknown Source) at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(Unknown Source) at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkConnect(Unknown Source) at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.checkConnectPermission(Unknown Source) at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection (Unknown Source) at sun   More>>

hi

I have a signed applet that acts as an RMI-client, the problem is that it throws this

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
(java.net.SocketPermission 10.1.255.251:2725 connect,resolve)

at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission
(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission
(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkConnect(Unknown Source)

at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.checkConnectPermission(Unknown Source)

at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection
(Unknown Source)

at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(Unknown Source)

at engine.BuildLaunch_Stub.executeTask(Unknown Source)

at client.RemotePrint$2.run(RemotePrint.java:44)

The client is signed and can access Sockets and local Files without problem, but in the stack trace it shows the class

engine.BuildLaunch_Stub

is the code throwing the exception.

This class file is stored on the server's webserver in a signed jar
If I include these class files in the clients jar then the exception is not thrown, but this isn't a very good way of doing things since it means that all classes the server uses must be known about by the client - so the server can't change its implementation.

Does anyone know of a way of getting this working without including the server stub files in the client's jar?

any help would be *really* appreciated

thanks
asjf

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact