dcsimg
Tomcat Applet-Servlet Communication Problem
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Xavier_Rise
Posted On:   Thursday, January 9, 2003 12:56 AM

I'm newbies in Tomcat,Applet,&Servlet. Currently I'm developing a Web application using Applet as client GUI to pass the inputs to the Servlet which responsible for server side processing, such as updating database. I'm doing this all in one PC (stand-alone environment), with Windows 2000, JSDK1.4.0, Tomcat 4.1, MySql 3.0, IE6 I have configure all the above setting well and be able to compile my applet and servlet program without errors. However,when running the applet (POST data), and try to submit the input to the servlet(doPOST), nothing is happening, seems like no processing is done anyway. Does anybody knows what is the problem ? is it because of my Tomcat is runnnig under Stand-Alone environment?    More>>

I'm newbies in Tomcat,Applet,&Servlet.

Currently I'm developing a Web application using Applet as client GUI to pass the inputs to the Servlet which responsible for server side processing, such as updating database.

I'm doing this all in one PC (stand-alone environment), with Windows 2000, JSDK1.4.0, Tomcat 4.1, MySql 3.0, IE6

I have configure all the above setting well and be able to compile my applet and servlet program without errors. However,when running the applet (POST data), and try to submit the input to the servlet(doPOST), nothing is happening, seems like no processing is done anyway. Does anybody knows what is the problem ? is it because of my Tomcat is runnnig under Stand-Alone environment?

or if I straight away run the servlet, it will give me this error:

HTTP Status 405 - HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL

HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL

The specified HTTP method is not allowed for the requested resource (HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL).

Hope someone can help me...

Thanks in advance.

<<Less

Re: Tomcat Applet-Servlet Communication Problem

Posted By:   Alex_Chaffee  
Posted On:   Thursday, January 9, 2003 06:28 AM

Sounds like that problem has nothing to do with the applet. Try it from a browser and you'll see.

Also see How can my applet or application communicate with my servlet?

Re: Tomcat Applet-Servlet Communication Problem

Posted By:   Gautam_Marwaha  
Posted On:   Thursday, January 9, 2003 01:38 AM

Looks like you have not implemented doGet method in your servlet. Put this method and a System.out.println inside which shd confirm this.

Also, it appears you want/expect the applet to hit the doPost method instead of doGet. For info on how to send data via POST method see the section "An Applet That Sends POST Data" here - http://archive.coreservlets.com/Chapter17.html

About | Sitemap | Contact