How to get a string encrypted in perl decrypted in java (Blowfish algorithm)
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ben_Spink
Posted On:   Wednesday, January 8, 2003 09:30 PM

There is a FAQ entry that is my exact problem. Only the FAQ doesn't give enough details for me to understand what is meant. I don't really know perl very well...just enough to follow what is going on. A string is being encrypted with Blowfish, then hex encoded. I'm taking that string, 'dehexing' it, and then trying to decrypt it without success. What sort of things should I look to add to my java code to get the blowfish algorithms to match up? Thanks, Ben Original FAQ Question was :"I've got an text password and a string passed to me encrypted with Perl using Blowfish. I am using bouncycastle and cannot figure out how to make a SecretKey and PBEParameterSpec so that I can decrypt the   More>>

There is a FAQ entry that is my exact problem. Only the FAQ doesn't give enough details for me to understand what is meant. I don't really know perl very well...just enough to follow what is going on. A string is being encrypted with Blowfish, then hex encoded. I'm taking that string, 'dehexing' it, and then trying to decrypt it without success. What sort of things should I look to add to my java code to get the blowfish algorithms to match up?

Thanks,

Ben

Original FAQ Question was :"I've got an text password and a string passed to me encrypted with Perl using Blowfish.

I am using bouncycastle and cannot figure out how to make a SecretKey and PBEParameterSpec so that I can decrypt the string.

All suggestions appreciated."

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact