How can I update the contents of the list boxes dynamically?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Wendy_Xiao
Posted On:   Wednesday, January 8, 2003 12:01 PM

Hello, I have 3 list boxes in one page, what I want to implement is: when I make selections from the first list box, the latter two's contents will update automatically; when I make a selection from the second list box further, the last one's contents will update automatically according to the previous two selections. All of the contents of the list boxes are from the database which locates in the server. Currently I plan to use JSP and javaScript as the languages. And I am using TOmcat4 as the web standlone server. But I don't know how to communicate with jsp from javascript and vice verse. E.g., the following code doesn't work: <% String cond=(String)session.getAtt   More>>

Hello,

I have 3 list boxes in one page, what I want to implement is: when I make selections from the first list box, the latter two's contents will update automatically; when I make a selection from the second list box further, the last one's contents will update automatically according to the previous two selections. All of the contents of the list boxes are from the database which locates in the server.

Currently I plan to use JSP and javaScript as the languages. And I am using TOmcat4 as the web standlone server. But I don't know how to communicate with jsp from javascript and vice verse.

E.g., the following code doesn't work:

<%
String cond=(String)session.getAttribute("cond");
String url =response.encodeURL("aaa.jsp");
%>

<<Less

Re: How can I update the contents of the list boxes dynamically?

Posted By:   Nitesh_Naveen  
Posted On:   Thursday, January 9, 2003 05:32 AM

See this thread which talks about the same subject (click here)
About | Sitemap | Contact