log4j with weblogic 7.0
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Andy_Lui
Posted On:   Monday, January 6, 2003 05:48 PM

Hi, I want to use log4j for my application logging with Weblogic 7.0. However, whatever I adopt the daily rolling or size rolling file appender, log4j can't rename and close the old file! This leads to the new log message still being written on the same log file! The problem seems due to the weblogic "opening the file" and so causing the rename action fails. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Here is my log4j properties: log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, dest1 #log4j.appender.dest1=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender log4j.appender.dest1=org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender log4j.appender.dest1.DatePattern='.'yyyy-MM-dd #log4j.appender.dest1=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender log4j.appender.dest1.File=..\log\myApplicatio   More>>

Hi,

I want to use log4j for my application logging with Weblogic 7.0. However, whatever I adopt the daily rolling or size rolling file appender, log4j can't rename and close the old file! This leads to the new log message still being written on the same log file! The problem seems due to the weblogic "opening the file" and so causing the rename action fails. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Here is my log4j properties: log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, dest1 #log4j.appender.dest1=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender

log4j.appender.dest1=org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender log4j.appender.dest1.DatePattern='.'yyyy-MM-dd #log4j.appender.dest1=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender log4j.appender.dest1.File=..\log\myApplication.log

#log4j.appender.dest1.MaxFileSize=1KB #log4j.appender.dest1.MaxBackupIndex=100 log4j.appender.dest1.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout log4j.appender.dest1.layout.ConversionPattern=[%d] %t %-5p %c - %m%n

Thank you again AL

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact