Where to place files...... Help needed....
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   zhixiong_zhixiong
Posted On:   Friday, January 3, 2003 08:21 PM

I have downloaded a sample example from the net, but i do not know where to place the files. I have setup tomcat and manage to get it working. err... although not 100% sure it is working.... I will describe in detail the files that i have In main folder, called "cdlist",  in this folder the files will be the following: 4 jsp files, 1 xml file, 1 xsl file and 1 folder called "WEB-INF". "cd_delete.jsp, cd_edit.jsp, cd_list.jsp, cd_list.xml, cd_list.xsl, cd_save.jsp. In "WEB-INF" folder the files are: 1 xml file, 1 tld file and 1 folder called "lib". "web.xml", "xtags.tld".    More>>

I have downloaded a sample example from the net, but i do not know where to place the files. I have setup tomcat and manage to get it working. err... although not 100% sure it is working....

I will describe in detail the files that i have

In main folder, called "cdlist",  in this folder the files will be the following: 4 jsp files, 1 xml file, 1 xsl file and 1 folder called "WEB-INF".

"cd_delete.jsp, cd_edit.jsp, cd_list.jsp, cd_list.xml, cd_list.xsl, cd_save.jsp.

In "WEB-INF" folder the files are: 1 xml file, 1 tld file and 1 folder called "lib".

"web.xml", "xtags.tld".

In "lib" folder there are 2 files: "dom4j-full", "xtags", both are 'Executable Jar File'.

ThankYou anyone for helping me running the example.

<<Less

Re: Where to place files...... Help needed....

Posted By:   sydney_faria  
Posted On:   Sunday, January 5, 2003 10:26 AM

In the tomcat install, under the webapps directory you will find the default, ROOT, directory, and under this will web-inf which contains web.xml file and classes directory. Put the html, jsp and images in ROOT, and the servlet classes in the ROOT/web-inf/classes directory using package directories if needed. There's a lot more to this and the apache jakartat site has a page that explains all this and tell how to put in simple test files to check each fucntional part from the default application, ROOT. Installing your own web application in its own directory is slightly different as you will have to make a context and sue the web.xml file with each application.
About | Sitemap | Contact