forwarding to absolute url or different web applications context
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Yogesh_Prajapati
Posted On:   Friday, January 3, 2003 12:54 PM

Before using Struts I had multiple web applications hosted on single web container, and I could manage switching among them on client browser using RequestDispatcher.forward() or Response.redirect() methods. Now I am in the process of porting these web application to Struts 1.1. Are following things possible using struts (if yes then how)? 1. Forwarding or redirecting to different context. In struts-config.xml the "forward" tag allows to specify the only context or module relative urls. No absolute URL can be specified. 2. Forwarding or redirecting to Another server. I guess here I could switch to different server the same way as context switching on single server. I wan   More>>

Before using Struts I had multiple web applications hosted on single web container, and I could manage switching among them on client browser using RequestDispatcher.forward() or Response.redirect() methods. Now I am in the process of porting these web application to Struts 1.1. Are following things possible using struts (if yes then how)?

1. Forwarding or redirecting to different context.

In struts-config.xml the "forward" tag allows to specify the only context or module relative urls. No absolute URL can be specified.

2. Forwarding or redirecting to Another server.

I guess here I could switch to different server the same way as context switching on single server.

I wanted to use declarative control of flow while being able to specify absolute url or url having different context.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

<<Less

Re: forwarding to absolute url or different web applications context

Posted By:   heyuan_liu  
Posted On:   Saturday, January 4, 2003 05:38 AM

I know that in the JSTL there is a tag can be either an absolute URL starting with a scheme (e.g. "http://
server/context/page.jsp") or a relative URL as defined by JSP 1.2 in JSP.2.2.1 "Relative URL Specification".But i think you can't do this in struts. I wonder why not you put the web applications in one context and they are different modules. So you can switch between them. I hope this can help you.
About | Sitemap | Contact