Re: SocketException With Resin
Monday, January 6, 2003 06:53 AM
I suspect that the SocketException you're seeing indicates nothing more than an impatient user. Here's the scenerio:
1) A user requests a page from your server.
2) Your server tries to satisfy the request.
3) While your server is doing its business, the user decides (s)he has spent enough time waiting and closes the browser or moves on to another URL.
4) Your application gets done and attempts to write its response back to the socket connection formed when the user made its original request.
5) Since that connection is now closed (as a result of the users actions in step 3), a SocketException is thrown.
In short, the exception you're seeing is likely just a sympathetic problem and not the real trouble.