How to set the following environment variables??? Help needed.....
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   zhixiong_zhixiong
Posted On:   Thursday, January 2, 2003 12:30 AM

I have downloaded j2se, but i do not know how to set the variables??? Below is what it says

After installing, you should set the following environment variables:

* JAVA_HOME (the pathname of the directory into which you installed the JDK release)

* CLASSPATH (this should be set to JAVA_HOME/lib)

Finally you should add JAVA_HOME/bin at the end of your PATH variable.

I installed the file at c:jdk1.3.1_06, please help me to get things started. Anyone???

Re: How to set the following environment variables??? Help needed.....

Posted By:   Stephen_McConnell  
Posted On:   Thursday, January 2, 2003 05:52 AM

The above works while you have your command line window open. However, it is dependent upon your operating system where you set it.

In Windoz, you have to go to the Control Panel, open the "System" program, go to the "Advanced" tab and edit the Environment Variables. I would set it in the System Variables, although you could set it as a User Variable to be used just by yourself.

In a Unix/Linux environment, you need to set those in your .profile file so they will be used everytime you log on. Look at how the environment variables in the .profile file are set in the script to determine the correct syntax.

Hope this helps.

Stephen McConnell

Re: How to set the following environment variables??? Help needed.....

Posted By:   Vishal_Salian  
Posted On:   Thursday, January 2, 2003 02:29 AM

To set the variables do this on your command prompt.....

set JAVA_HOME = C:jdk1.3.1_06

set CLASSPATH= .;%JAVA_HOME%lib

SET PATH = %PATH%;%JAVA_HOME%in

You can also put the above statements in your autoexec.bat (In Windows) so that you need not set them everytime you compile and run your code.

About | Sitemap | Contact