EJB and .Net
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Eric_Robida
Posted On:   Monday, December 30, 2002 10:22 AM

How can you access an EJB from a .Net client? We currently have a browser based application that uses java beans, not EJBs, and JSPs. We're finding that the browser is a major limiting factor. I am researching changing our application to have a GUI client, non browser, and EJBs. It looks like creating a MDI application with Java will not be easy. I'm familiar with VB and creating the type of front end we want with it would be simple. However how do we connect it to the EJBs? We are locked into java middleware due to the amount of money that is currently being spent to go to Weblogic for our Java server. So that cannot change. Any thoughts? I know some people don't like    More>>

How can you access an EJB from a .Net client?

We currently have a browser based application that uses java beans, not EJBs, and JSPs. We're finding that the browser is a major limiting factor.

I am researching changing our application to have a GUI client, non browser, and EJBs. It looks like creating a MDI application with Java will not be easy.

I'm familiar with VB and creating the type of front end we want with it would be simple. However how do we connect it to the EJBs?

We are locked into java middleware due to the amount of money that is currently being spent to go to Weblogic for our Java server. So that cannot change.

Any thoughts? I know some people don't like MS. I'm not looking for a Java vs MS arguement. I just want to create an application that works well for our end users. The current browser app is unable to get the job done.

<<Less

Re: EJB and .Net

Posted By:   David_Shaw  
Posted On:   Thursday, January 2, 2003 12:05 PM

Why not just skip that altogether? Write the client with .NET and use SOAP or XML-RPC to talk between them. Web Services are easy and work surprisingly well for most applications.

Re: EJB and .Net

Posted By:   Laurent_Mihalkovic  
Posted On:   Monday, December 30, 2002 02:51 PM

Have you looked at the products from Intrinsyc Software ? They acquired a product from England that did Java/COM integration, allowing EJBs to be used from COM clients... This is the product that is included inside BEA 7.0... Since then, they also started to work on some .NET products.

Cheers
LaurentM.

About | Sitemap | Contact