Searching for similar packages
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Aad_Nales
Posted On:   Saturday, December 28, 2002 03:50 AM

Folks, I am currently involved in building a java based community portal server. Part of our effort is a Cache. Since I like stuff to be generic I decided to build a small framework around my cache that made it possible to perform basic CRUD actions on a table and have them reflected against the cache. The next step was to add inheritence and I have managed to do so as well. After that I created support for DbMap which takes a query and only stores the key attributes in a HashMap. Then when you need the value and call the value part of a DbEntry it get the real object from either the cache or the table. This greatly reduced the amount of memory needed to run my solution. However, the goal was not to build this but to build a C   More>>

Folks,

I am currently involved in building a java based community portal server. Part of our effort is a Cache. Since I like stuff to be generic I decided to build a small framework around my cache that made it possible to perform basic CRUD actions on a table and have them reflected against the cache. The next step was to add inheritence and I have managed to do so as well. After that I created support for DbMap which takes a query and only stores the key attributes in a HashMap. Then when you need the value and call the value part of a DbEntry it get the real object from either the cache or the table. This greatly reduced the amount of memory needed to run my solution.

However, the goal was not to build this but to build a Community Framework. So I am looking for a replacement module for all this stuff. Has anybody been using a similar framework? Here are the requirements again:

1. Bean to Database Table and vv

2. Inheritence

3. Sparse Maps

4. Cached

Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

Aad

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact