dcsimg
Timestamp, CMP, Localzone problem, Help please....
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Amir_Pashazadeh
Posted On:   Friday, December 27, 2002 04:21 AM

Hi all, I'm developing an application using Oracle 9i and Weblogic 6.1 as EJB Container, I'm using 2 CMP 2 Entity Beans, their tables are related on database, but I have not used CMR relation, (relation is one to many in database) Suppose table names (and Entity EJB names) are A and B, and A has a one to may relationship with B, A's primary key is a composite key (more than one column) and it contains a DATE column in its primary key, wich is mapped to a Timestamp field in ABean , I find an Entity EJB from A using a finder, then I get its primary key and try to create a BBean , but the time I get from A and the time I put in B are not the same if my Timezo   More>>

Hi all,

I'm developing an application using Oracle 9i and Weblogic 6.1 as EJB Container, I'm using 2 CMP 2 Entity Beans, their tables are related on database, but I have not used CMR relation, (relation is one to many in database)

Suppose table names (and Entity EJB names) are A and B, and A has a one to may relationship with B,

A's primary key is a composite key (more than one column) and it contains a DATE column in its primary key, wich is mapped to a Timestamp field in ABean ,

I find an Entity EJB from A using a finder, then I get its primary key and try to create a BBean , but the time I get from A and the time I put in B are not the same if my Timezone is not Greenwich! and I get a Foriegn Key Error from Oracle, but when I change the Timezone to Greenwich there are no errors more,

I don't make any process on the Timestamp field just read it from ABean and Store it on BBean using BHome.create() ,

can anyone help me why this problem happens, and how can I fix it?

thanx,

Amir

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact