dcsimg
Customized Data model help needed
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ajit_Malleri
Posted On:   Sunday, December 8, 2002 09:50 PM

The scenario is that I have a swing frontend which listens to messages from the servlet. What I need to do is to display the data in the swing frontend as and when the data changes. I had seen a posting in some site suggesting setting up a data model which will hold the data. This model could fire events to indicate the changes occuring. All the gui screens would register as listeners to this data model and update themselves as and when the changes take place. In my swing frontend, I have 3 JTable and one JTree. I want all the data to be updated. Can someone throw some light on this issue and show examples on how to: (1) create a data model (2) fire events to indicate changes (3) register th   More>>

The scenario is that I have a swing frontend which listens to messages from the servlet. What I need to do is to display the data in the swing frontend as and when the data changes. I had seen a posting in some site suggesting setting up a data model which will hold the data. This model could fire events to indicate the changes occuring. All the gui screens would register as listeners to this data model and update themselves as and when the changes take place.

In my swing frontend, I have 3 JTable and one JTree. I want all the data to be updated.

Can someone throw some light on this issue and show examples on how to:

(1) create a data model

(2) fire events to indicate changes

(3) register the screens to the data model

Any help would be highly appreciable.

Thanks,

Ajit

<<Less

Re: Customized Data model help needed

Posted By:   Gautam_Marwaha  
Posted On:   Sunday, December 8, 2002 11:15 PM

Read the java tutorial - Swing/JFC trail, esp. the model-view-controller concept, Table/TreeModelListener etc
About | Sitemap | Contact