SOS: How to Delete Beyond or Cut Within Word Documents
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   John_Stancil
Posted On:   Friday, December 6, 2002 03:52 PM

Greetings and SOS to all, I have a very large number of Word documents, which all have the same structure except its body which is in the middle of each Word when opened. The above and lower portion beyond the word is constant. Besides there are two specific and different lines, just above and below the main body of each Word. Is there a very good and user-friendly software which can delete the portion just above and below the two specific, but different lines in each of the large number of Word documents I have ? The two ways are possible, either to delete the specific portions beyond the two specific, but different lines or to cut out within the two specific, but different lines and form separate Word documents for each Word I have. It w   More>>

Greetings and SOS to all,

I have a very large number of Word documents, which all have the same structure except its body which is in the middle of each Word when opened. The above and lower portion beyond the word is constant. Besides there are two specific and different lines, just above and below the main body of each Word.

Is there a very good and user-friendly software which can delete the portion just above and below the two specific, but different lines in each of the large number of Word documents I have ? The two ways are possible, either to delete the specific portions beyond the two specific, but different lines or to cut out within the two specific, but different lines and form separate Word documents for each Word I have. It would be the best if there is an as such batch editting software to be converted by folder-basis than file basis for each Word.

Please review below a generalised view if the Words I have.

It would be of immense convenience to me if you could please help me and I would remain genuinely thankful to you.

Warm regards,
>>>sjd < < <

Overview of the general structure of the Word documents:

Line no1. common
Line no2. common
Line no3. common
(The specific word or line)

< <>>

(The specific but different word or line)

Line no. X
Line no. Y
Line no. Z

PS: There is also another way to use is to identify the the number of of the lines that are not required, i.e. the numbers 1, 2, 3, .... 76, 77, 78 (except the ones of the main body) are not required, so that they can be deleted by the softwares. Please let me know if as such software is there.

<<Less

Re: SOS: How to Delete Beyond or Cut Within Word Documents

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Monday, December 9, 2002 06:44 AM

Is there any formatting in these documents, or can they be treated as just plain text? (which would make your task easier) if you can do "Save As", as plain text, for all of them, and if the results are the same as the ".doc" version, then you can just do ordinary text string manipulation.

About | Sitemap | Contact