dcsimg
Session Handling with Axis
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Sebastian_Beyer
Posted On:   Wednesday, December 4, 2002 07:54 AM

Hi Gurus, I want to handle my WebService-Accesss including sessions. Would somebody who knows how, please tell me where to get sample-code for this? I know that I will have to define session-handling on both sides (client and server), but how do I do? I'm using a Tomcat-engine 4.0.4 as a server and a simple Java-console-application as a client. Do I have to enable session on the server using the parameter-tag with attribute scope and set it on session inside my service-tag? What do I have to do on the client-side? Like: ... The client, of course, should not really know about the session. Thx for every answer and Greetings from Hamburg/Germany S   More>>

Hi Gurus,

I want to handle my WebService-Accesss including sessions. Would somebody who knows how, please tell me where to get sample-code for this?

I know that I will have to define session-handling on both sides (client and server), but how do I do? I'm using a Tomcat-engine 4.0.4 as a server and a simple Java-console-application as a client.

Do I have to enable session on the server using the parameter-tag with attribute scope and set it on session inside my service-tag? What do I have to do on the client-side?

Like:

The client, of course, should not really know about the session.

Thx for every answer and Greetings from Hamburg/Germany

Seppo    <<Less

Re: Session Handling with Axis

Posted By:   Bozidar_Dangubic  
Posted On:   Wednesday, December 4, 2002 08:52 AM

Look here It states "So does Axis support sessions?
Yes. We have a session abstraction which allows an extensible set of underlying implementations - take a look at the class org.apache.axis.session.Session for details. In particular, we currently support sessions based on HTTP cookies and also transport-independent sessions based on SOAP headers. It is up to some handler on the request chain to set up an appropriate Session implementation and attach it to the MessageContext with MessageContext.setSession() so that anyone who wants to use session semantics can get at it."
About | Sitemap | Contact