Workflow system for a web application
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Phil_Walters
Posted On:   Tuesday, December 3, 2002 12:57 AM

Hi folks, I am looking for a workflow system for an intranet application (~2000 users, integrated in a web portal). The system is web-based (to be deployed on Tomcat) and should support workflow concepts like worklists, BPM (processes, activities, splits/joins, roles), users, and application integration (primarily browser-based forms with connectors to backend systems). It should support to forward process instances to users/roles, and possibly offer some offline mode. A full-fledged production workflow system (like IBM MQSeries Workflow or Staffware) would be to fat for our purposes, so I am looking for a leightweight system, either commercial or open source. The ones I found so far are either in a pre   More>>

Hi folks,

I am looking for a workflow system for an intranet application (~2000 users, integrated in a web portal).

The system is web-based (to be deployed on Tomcat) and should support workflow concepts like worklists, BPM (processes, activities, splits/joins, roles), users, and application integration (primarily browser-based forms with connectors to backend systems). It should support to forward process instances to users/roles, and possibly offer some offline mode.

A full-fledged production workflow system (like IBM MQSeries Workflow or Staffware) would be to fat for our purposes, so I am looking for a leightweight system, either commercial or open source. The ones I found so far are either in a pre-release state (like Jakarta Commons Workflow or Werken Werkflow), or don't follow the classical BPM approach (like Open Symphony OSWorkflow).

Has anyone had similar requirements? What systems/approaches did you choose/evaluate and what were your experiences?

Thanks,

Phil

<<Less

Re: Workflow system for a web application

Posted By:   Lewis_Henderson  
Posted On:   Monday, January 20, 2003 02:24 AM

Dave,
I came across your question while browsing jGuru. We have built a 'production' workflow engine as a pure J2EE application. Please feel free to visit our 'techy' website at www.CobraFlow.com. If you have any questions/comments(polite) please contact us using the information at the bottom left of the home page.

I hope that we can be of some use....

Lewis

Re: Workflow system for a web application

Posted By:   Matthias_David  
Posted On:   Tuesday, December 3, 2002 02:53 AM

Hi Phil,

have a look at http://www.abaxx.de.
They have a commercial workflow component, which was originally implemented by me. But I'm not working for abaXX anymore. As far as I know they are currently re-implementing it.

Matthias.
About | Sitemap | Contact