dcsimg
<h2>how to convert my applicantion into a service</h2>
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   tarek_alsitt
Posted On:   Saturday, November 30, 2002 05:04 AM

how to make a window service

i created an applicaiton and packed it inot a jar file to be able to use and then created a patch file to make it run automtically

I placed the program in a windows 2000 server version
but the problem that i have to login into the windows every time i want this application to run

i wish if anyone has any idea about how to convert this application into a service so that it can run without logging into the windows service

Tarek alsit

Re: <h2>how to convert my applicantion into a service</h2>

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Monday, December 2, 2002 03:37 AM

I don´t know. But Tomcat can be installed as Win-Service and it´s written in Java. Maybe you can use the tomcat.exe for starting your java app as service (I haven´t tried it). Interessant settings are in the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Parameters:

JVM Library : REG_SZ = ...jvm.dll --> Path to your native JVM
JVM Option Count : REG_DWORD --> How many 'JVM Option's are evaluated?
JVM Option : REG_SZ --> JVM Option, e.g. '-Dcatalina.home=c: omcat'; starts with 0
Start Class : REG_SZ = org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService --> The Main-Class. Maybe you define your class here.
Start Method : REG_SZ = main --> which Method of the should be invoked?
Start Param Count : REG_DWORD --> like
Start Param : REG_SZ --> Start parameter for main-Method; start with 0
Stop ... --> How to stop the service
System.err File : REG_SZ = ...stderr.log --> Redirect the System.err output to file
System.out File : REG_SZ = ...stderr.log --> Redirect the System.out output to file

About | Sitemap | Contact