Minimum Linux package to run Java applications
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Kostas_BOUZIANAS
Posted On:   Wednesday, November 27, 2002 03:14 AM

Hello everybody I've been developping in Java (JSE) for the Win platform a couple of years. Since Java is relativelly platform independent, i was thinking that all i need is a stable JVM compliant OS without all these UI goodies and utilities allowing deployment of full Java applications. I'm not familiar at all with Linux and maybe this question looks very abstract but i was wondering if it is possible to configure such a package or if there is already some Java-centric distribution. I suppose that such a configuration depends on what someone is trying to do with Java so an easy answer would be to be able to work with all standard APIs Best Regards Kostas    More>>

Hello everybody
I've been developping in Java (JSE) for the Win platform a couple of years.
Since Java is relativelly platform independent, i was thinking that all i need is a stable JVM compliant OS without all these UI goodies and utilities allowing deployment of full Java applications.
I'm not familiar at all with Linux and maybe this question looks very abstract but i was wondering if it is possible to configure such a package or if there is already some Java-centric distribution.
I suppose that such a configuration depends on what someone is trying to do with Java so an easy answer would be to be able to work with all standard APIs

Best Regards
Kostas

<<Less

Re: Minimum Linux package to run Java applications

Posted By:   AlessandroA_Garbagnati  
Posted On:   Wednesday, November 27, 2002 04:06 AM

Hi,

You just need the J2SE for Linux, that can be downloaded from Sun or even from IBM.
About | Sitemap | Contact