dcsimg
Invocation api - differences for pre-allocated memory -Xmx -Xms seems to have no effect
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Andrew_Chandler
Posted On:   Sunday, November 24, 2002 06:35 PM

Greetings I've noticed something weird on our native launchers. We started with example code from Shen Liang's book and also used the Netbeans open source project as an example of how to build a win-32 native launcher for the Java app. It works just fine but one of the programs reports memory in use as a % of total memory as per one of Sun's old example tutorials. When I run the program under java.exe with a -Xms64M I see a total amount of memory on startup of 64 megs roughly on the memory meter. When I presumably pass through that same argument as an option it is getting ignored. The memroy shows somewhere around 4 to 8 megs total. Does anyone have any idea why? Thanks in advance!    More>>

Greetings

I've noticed something weird on our native launchers. We started with example code from Shen Liang's book and also used the Netbeans open source project as an example of how to build a win-32 native launcher for the Java app. It works just fine but one of the programs reports memory in use as a % of total memory as per one of Sun's old example tutorials. When I run the program under java.exe with a -Xms64M I see a total amount of memory on startup of 64 megs roughly on the memory meter. When I presumably pass through that same argument as an option it is getting ignored. The memroy shows somewhere around 4 to 8 megs total. Does anyone have any idea why?

Thanks in advance!

<<Less

Re: Invocation api - differences for pre-allocated memory -Xmx -Xms seems to have no effect

Posted By:   Andrew_Chandler  
Posted On:   Sunday, November 24, 2002 06:38 PM

I may have switched monitoring of this off by accident. If you can cc andy@riftware.com it may help.
About | Sitemap | Contact