Memory leaks of IDEA
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Dmitry_Zakharov
Posted On:   Friday, November 22, 2002 04:40 AM

It seems that IDEA has memory leaks. I worked on both IDEA 2.6 and 3.0. After a time (a day or a half of day working) the memory isn't freed after garbage collecting.

I have big projects - about 1500 - 2000 classes. When I open project and begining to work I see about 40 of 96M memory used (I see on IDEA's memory monitor). After a time there is ~90 of 96M memory used. The used memory doesn't decreased even after garbage collecting.

I used CVS integration in IDEA and ant scripts.

Does anybody know how to solve this problem ? Does anybody has similar problems ?

Re: Memory leaks of IDEA

Posted By:   nodje_nodje  
Posted On:   Wednesday, January 22, 2003 06:17 AM

Hi all,

I even have a worst problem.
I think it comes from the same original memory leak.
I also work with big projects (over 1000 classes)
and always with two IDEA opened.
I setup max memory to 512 and it works fine until reaching the limit (which it does quite quickly, say within 2days).

The problem that occur when i stay in this situation is that my computer suddenly freeze, the memory windows goes up to its limit (say 1gig for me) and then IDEA simply disapperar/crash...

I really love IDEA but this is vey bad and it happens systematically!!!

i think I beter report this as a bug...

cheers,
nodje

Re: Memory leaks of IDEA

Posted By:   hari_haran  
Posted On:   Saturday, November 30, 2002 03:08 AM

hi hari here ,

Have u ever used OptimizeIt from jbuilder Its really a great tool for memory leaks detection , It is a gui based tool try that out , Make similar settings as u have made in jidea , now run the project from optimizeit now u can easily detect memory leaks , all the best.
contact me if u have any settings proplems

hariharank

hari_haran_k@hotmail.com
About | Sitemap | Contact