Difference between <hotspot> and Oracle's <ojvm> Java-VM concerning JNI
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   marcus_w
Posted On:   Wednesday, November 20, 2002 09:28 AM

I have a funny problem with the VMs from SUN's JDK 1.3.1 and Oracle9i JDeveloper's called -ojvm. When I start my Java application within the JDeveloper that uses the -ojvm as default, the JNI calls to a C prog work fine. Then I tried to run my application under JDK's 1.3.1 -hotspot and got this error message: Unexpected Signal : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION occurred at PC=0x6d4386ea Function name=(N/A) Library=C:jdk1.3.1jre inhotspotjvm.dll (many .DLL paths)... # HotSpot Virtual Machine Error : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION # Error ID : 4F530E43505002CC Then I put a copy of the jvm.dll file from the JDeveloper's folder to the jdk...hotspot folder and tried a   More>>

I have a funny problem with the VMs from SUN's JDK 1.3.1 and Oracle9i JDeveloper's called -ojvm.

When I start my Java application within the JDeveloper that uses the -ojvm as default, the JNI calls to a C prog work fine. Then I tried to run my application under JDK's 1.3.1 -hotspot and got this error message:

Unexpected Signal : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION occurred at PC=0x6d4386ea

Function name=(N/A)

Library=C:jdk1.3.1jre inhotspotjvm.dll

(many .DLL paths)...

# HotSpot Virtual Machine Error : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

# Error ID : 4F530E43505002CC

Then I put a copy of the jvm.dll file from the JDeveloper's folder to the jdk...hotspot folder and tried again:

it worked fine!

Obviously there's a difference between JDK's VM and the one from Oracle.

Where does this Exception_Acces_Violation come from and what do I have to change to make my prog running?

Ok, this problem description seems very poor... so feel free to contact me for further details! ;o)

thanx

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact