Should an entity bean be a table or a view?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   neal_ravindran
Posted On:   Thursday, November 14, 2002 05:47 PM

Should an entity bean be a DB table or a view? Can it be just an object which handles DB manipulations for multiple tables?

I have a nut-case relational DB designed with no DB design rules in mind...how do I handle it using BMP(well..CMP is out of the qn:). (I am thinking of using Stateless Session beans with DAO).

Re: Should an entity bean be a table or a view?

Posted By:   AlessandroA_Garbagnati  
Posted On:   Friday, November 15, 2002 03:25 AM

Hi,

choosing a solution (Entity BMP Bean) among the other (Session Bean and DAO) depends on so many variables that is very hard to give you a common solution.

If you need all the services that are provided withan Entity Bean, you can really consider writing a BMP solution, that would map your bean to more than one table. If you require high performance DB access with a lot of queries that gives you multiple result... maybe the DAO could be better... Maybe you can consider writing both... you will spoend more time developing, but you could get the benefits of both solutions.

I have mapped beans to view for read only solutions, but performance was not part of the picture and that solution did simplify my development a lot...

About | Sitemap | Contact