dcsimg
how to read in a file of strings, and have each string become an element in a file list or fileset.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Alex_Tang
Posted On:   Tuesday, November 12, 2002 11:05 PM

Hi folks. I want to traverse a tree, reading information from files within the tree to create a "list" of information. What i'm eventually trying to do is perform a "jar" task using the include parameter, however i need to generate the value of include from information stored in the tree. Is there an ant task that will read information from a file and place that information in a property? Is there a way to do this recursively? Here's an example of what i'm trying to do: In my build environment, i am building a jar file from my source tree. For example, i have the following source tree: com tango dir1 filelist    More>>

Hi folks.

I want to traverse a tree, reading information from files within the tree to create a "list" of information.

What i'm eventually trying to do is perform a "jar" task using the include parameter, however i need to generate the value of include from information stored in the tree.

Is there an ant task that will read information from a file and place that information in a property? Is there a way to do this recursively?

Here's an example of what i'm trying to do:

In my build environment, i am building a jar file from my source tree. For example, i have the following source tree:

com
tango
dir1
filelist
A.java
B.java
C.java
dir2
filelist
D.java
E.java
F.java

the file called "filelist" contains information about which file's corresponding "class" files belong in the jar file.

let's say that the two filelist files from above define the following jar file makeup:

The files: A.class, B.class, and E.class go in the jar file

Mind you that this can not be represented by any pattern or wildcard set.

I want to walk the tree and look in each filelist file. take the contents read from each file and append that information to a property. Then use that property in a jar task.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks.

...alex...

<<Less

Re: how to read in a file of strings, and have each string become an element in a file list or fileset.

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Wednesday, November 13, 2002 03:34 AM

Basically the fileset supports an includesfile-attribute: "includesfile the name of a file; each line of this file is taken to be an include pattern." (Ant documentation to fileset, Ant 1.5.0 final)
About | Sitemap | Contact