How to use the same FormBeans for two different jsp pages
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Venki_Ramanathan
Posted On:   Wednesday, November 6, 2002 09:34 AM

I am having a main form say x.jsp (with customerForm as formbeans) where customer info is populated. In this x.jsp, i have customer contact data(read only) in a html table. There is a button next to this table, which will invoke another screen say y.jsp with customer contact details, where the user can change those. I want to use the same FormBeans (customerForm) in y.jsp, so that whatever i change in y.jsp is reflected in this bean. Initially when i go from x.jsp to y.jsp i want to populate the contact details. When i use this populates the same FormBean data in y.jsp without any problem. If i use it is saying "cannot find bean org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN in scope null" can    More>>

I am having a main form say x.jsp (with customerForm as formbeans) where customer info is populated. In this x.jsp, i have customer contact data(read only) in a html table. There is a button next to this table, which will invoke another screen say y.jsp with customer contact details, where the user can change those.

I want to use the same FormBeans (customerForm) in y.jsp, so that whatever i change in y.jsp is reflected in this bean.

Initially when i go from x.jsp to y.jsp i want to populate the contact details. When i use this populates the same FormBean data in y.jsp without any problem. If i use
it is saying "cannot find bean org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN in scope null"

can anyone help me on this..

thanks

Venki

<<Less

Re: How to use the same FormBeans for two different jsp pages

Posted By:   Nic_Daniau  
Posted On:   Wednesday, November 6, 2002 09:48 AM

looks like a struts-config problem to me. you need to define the element

and associate it to all your actions that deal with x.jsp and y.jsp

path="/your-action"
type="your.package.YourAction"
name="customerForm"