dcsimg
Change Port => Slow Connection
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Sven_Farrenkopf
Posted On:   Tuesday, November 5, 2002 01:29 PM

I hope this is in the right category: I have an applet that is receiving information from a servlet via HttpUrlConnection in an Intranet-environment. Everything works fine as long as the port is the default port (80). The reading lasts up to 5 seconds - then the applet has read all the information. Now I change the port to 8081 (I already tried others, but 8081 IS free) and the whole process lasts up to TWO MINUTES. I tried reading the servlet from a normal browser-window (IE and NS - no applet) and everything is fine with BOTH ports. It's just the applet that refuses to work fast with another port than 80. Additional Information: * Java-Plugin 1.3.1_05 uses Proxy   More>>

I hope this is in the right category:

I have an applet that is receiving information from a servlet via HttpUrlConnection in an Intranet-environment. Everything works fine as long as the port is the default port (80).

The reading lasts up to 5 seconds - then the applet has read all the information.

Now I change the port to 8081 (I already tried others, but 8081 IS free) and the whole process lasts up to TWO MINUTES.
I tried reading the servlet from a normal browser-window (IE and NS - no applet) and everything is fine with BOTH ports. It's just the applet that refuses to work fast with another port than 80.

Additional Information:

* Java-Plugin 1.3.1_05 uses Proxy-Preferences of browser

* Web-Server on port 80 is IIS with isapi-redirector to Tomcat

* Web-Server on port 8081 is Tomcat

Code:

-------------------------

public Vector getReply(String myUrl,String params) {

Vector erg=new Vector();

byte[] bytes = params.getBytes();

try{

URL url = new URL(myUrl+params);

HttpURLConnection con = (HttpURLConnection)
url.openConnection();

con.setDoOutput(true);

con.setDoInput(true);

con.setRequestMethod("POST");

con.setRequestProperty("Content-length", String.valueOf(bytes.length));

OutputStream out = con.getOutputStream();

out.write(bytes);

out.flush();

// Read the response

BufferedReader in = new BufferedReader(

new InputStreamReader(con.getInputStream()));

while (true) {