Junit Decorator
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Jennifer_Thompson
Posted On:   Monday, November 4, 2002 07:22 PM

Hi, I have two junit classes. One is TestInterface.java and the other is TestInterfaceDecorator.java. In TestInterface.java, I have tests to test a file ServiceBureau.java which is supposed to respond correctly to the messages it is sent. In TestInterface.java, I want to set up a log file and other variables ONCE only for all my tests. For this I have discovered I need another JUnit file, a decorator which I have called TestInterfaceDecorator.java So my question is, in TestInterfaceDecorator.java, how do I access TestInterface.java 's variables eg the log file? Where should the log file and other variables be defined and how can TestInterface and TestInterfaceDecorat   More>>

Hi,

I have two junit classes. One is TestInterface.java and the other is TestInterfaceDecorator.java.

In TestInterface.java, I have tests to test a file ServiceBureau.java which is supposed to respond correctly to the messages it is sent.

In TestInterface.java, I want to set up a log file and
other variables ONCE only for all my tests. For this I have discovered I need another JUnit file, a decorator which I have called TestInterfaceDecorator.java

So my question is, in TestInterfaceDecorator.java, how do I access TestInterface.java 's variables eg the log file? Where should the log file and other variables be defined and how can TestInterface and TestInterfaceDecorator have access to them?

I thought of something like this.. but it didn't work because of the cast from TestInterface to Test...

package testTool;

import java.io.*;
import java.util.ResourceBundle;
import junit.framework.*;
import junit.extensions.*;

public class TestInterfaceDecorator extends TestSetup {

public TestInterface testInterface;

public TestInterfaceDecorator(Test test) {

super(test);

// This is the line that doesn't compile

testInterface = test;

}

public void setUp() {

//User values is a resource bundle

testInterface.userValues = ResourceBundle.getBundle("testTool.userInput");

testInterface.commandRate = (new Integer(userValues.getString("commandRate"))).intValue();

testInterface.loggingRequired = (new Boolean(userValues.getString("loggingRequired"))).booleanValue();

testInterface.logFileLocation = userValues.getString("logFileLocation");

testInterface.ipSDP = userValues.getString("ipSDP");

testInterface.portSDP = userValues.getString("portSDP");

if(testInterface.loggingRequired) {

try {

log = new PrintStream(new FileOutputStream(testInterface.logFileLocation));

} catch (Exception e) {}

}

try {

humanTest = new PrintStream(new FileOutputStream(testInterface.HumanTestFileLocation));

} catch(Exception e) {}

}

public static TestSuite suite() {

TestSuite suite = new TestSuite();

suite.addTest(new TestInterfaceDecorator(TestInterface.suite()));

return suite;

}

public static void main(String args[]) {

junit.textui.TestRunner.run(suite());

}

}

Thanks for your help,