dcsimg
** Struts example question **
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   joey_corleon
Posted On:   Sunday, November 3, 2002 11:07 AM

Hi, Struts is delivered with a default example webapp. When running this example webapp, it is possible to change the language / local by clicking on links (ENGLISH or FRENCH). My question is the following: I have a multi-page registration form. Each registration page (3 of them) contains the links for switching from English to French and vis-versa (I know it is stupid, but it was an experiment!). What I don't understand is that the registration page is redisplayed in the desired language (no pbm with this) *BUT* the form then find itself with all its fields *CLEARED* :o( ... Validation and passing of info from one page to the other works wery well, but it seems that as soon as I click on one of these   More>>

Hi,

Struts is delivered with a default example webapp.

When running this example webapp, it is possible to change the language / local by clicking on links (ENGLISH or FRENCH).

My question is the following: I have a multi-page registration form.

Each registration page (3 of them) contains the links for switching from English to French and vis-versa (I know it is stupid, but it was an experiment!). What I don't understand is that the registration page is redisplayed in the desired language (no pbm with this) *BUT* the form then find itself with all its fields *CLEARED* :o( ... Validation and passing of info from one page to the other works wery well, but it seems that as soon as I click on one of these language links, the information is somehow ... LOST !!!!!

Can anyone advice?

<<Less

Re: ** Struts example question **

Posted By:   Ted_Husted  
Posted On:   Tuesday, November 19, 2002 04:02 PM

To retain the information in the fields between pages, they have to be submitted. The links on the page don't submit the fields on the form, they just change the locale. Since the fields are not submitted, they can't be redisplayed later.

HTH, Ted.

About | Sitemap | Contact