CORBA and JDBC
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   kanchan_saxena
Posted On:   Thursday, October 31, 2002 05:01 AM

hi all

I have to develop a CORBA server connected to a database.Could you please suggest me how to implement this server using JDBC.What should be the components of the IDL.How to include ResultSet and Connection in IDL? What other things to be included in IDL?

Regards

Kanchan

Re: CORBA and JDBC

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Thursday, October 31, 2002 07:02 AM

Your question is confusing. Are you talking about a Java client which sees a JDBC driver that you'll provide, or a Java client which sees a CORBA interface that you'll provide?

Do you mean that you are trying to provide a JDBC driver for the client, which is actually going to be implemented as the stub for a CORBA server? (sort of a "JDBC-CORBA bridge"?) But then if this CORBA server is then going to access a database on behalf of the JDBC client, can your JDBC client just use the JDBC driver directly to the database, instead?

Or, are you saying you are trying to provide a CORBA server & IDL interface for the client, which internally uses JDBC to connect to a database, and returns results to the CORBA client through the IDL interface? If so, I would return DAO's (data access objects), not the ResultSet and Connection objects, because they are specific to JDBC!

About | Sitemap | Contact