Opening files with JFileChooser Now, no irrelevent answer!_NEWLINE_!plz.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   abrar_malik
Posted On:   Sunday, October 27, 2002 07:46 PM

hi all ,i'm trying to write a programm (subclass of JFrame) that will allow me to choose files with a JFileChooser. The file i choose, "name" (getSelectedFile().getName()) must be a table that i want to use in my SQL-method executeQuery("SELECT * FROM "+name;).But my trouble is that i'm working with MS-Access, and my JFileChooser just displays the Database "DB" in which my different tables are(String URL= "jdbc:odbc:DB";).How can i reach these tables?Could i even display them in their original form i.e for example MS-Excel,MS-Access)? Moreover is it possible to work upon MS-Word-tables with JDBC? Thanks!    More>>

hi all

,i'm trying to write a programm (subclass of JFrame) that will allow me to choose files with a JFileChooser.

The file i choose, "name" (getSelectedFile().getName()) must be a table that i want to use in my SQL-method executeQuery("SELECT * FROM "+name;).But my trouble is that i'm working with MS-Access, and my JFileChooser just displays the Database "DB" in which my different tables are(String URL= "jdbc:odbc:DB";).How can i reach these tables?Could i even display them in their original form i.e for example MS-Excel,MS-Access)? Moreover is it possible to work upon MS-Word-tables with JDBC?

Thanks!

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact