dcsimg
JMX architecture
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Mani_Malarvannan
Posted On:   Sunday, October 27, 2002 09:07 AM

I have been reading JMX a lot lately for a project. I need help from you to understand how I can effectively use JMX. We’ve several computers running applications on Jboss, which will be placed in our customer sites at various locations. We need to monitor the computers, applications, networks, etc from our head-office. We also need to monitor the usage of application resources (that runs on Jboss) at the customer sites so that we can bill the customers appropriately. So the applications at the customer’s sites will be sending utilization information to the head-office. We can’t miss data, as it is crucial to our revenue. We’ll have more than 1000 computers sitting at various locations sending and receiving data to and from the head-office. It is also possible for    More>>

I have been reading JMX a lot lately for a project. I need help from you to understand how I can effectively use JMX. We’ve several computers running applications on Jboss, which will be placed in our customer sites at various locations. We need to monitor the computers, applications, networks, etc from our head-office. We also need to monitor the usage of application resources (that runs on Jboss) at the customer sites so that we can bill the customers appropriately. So the applications at the customer’s sites will be sending utilization information to the head-office. We can’t miss data, as it is crucial to our revenue. We’ll have more than 1000 computers sitting at various locations sending and receiving data to and from the head-office. It is also possible for the customers

For the above project:
Does the JMX is ready to be used? If so what other tools (like MC4J) we need to use?
Since we need a reliable way to get all the utilization data can we use JTS and combine it with JMX?
What are the performance implications of using JMX?
Can we use Web services? If so what is the advantage of using JMX Vs Web services?

Thanks
-Mani

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact