About very big XML file and 'character' method in ContentHandler
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Nicolas_BUI
Posted On:   Thursday, October 24, 2002 01:07 AM

Hi, I have some question still not reseolved in my mind, hope you can give me an answer ! I have a indexer/importer/expoter storing SQL request into a XML file. So first, to avoid memory probleme with JVM, I generate this XML file un a thread safe. Then Later i'll parse this XML file to execute every request stored in this file. But this file is very big (700 Mo), but I assume that SAX parser will handle it. The only things is, don't have any control during the parse process ? Can't we cancel the parsing ? And last things, before parsing, you must set a ContentHandler and overide certain method. My probleme is the character(char[] chars, int start,int length) method, as char[] chars is suppose   More>>

Hi,

I have some question still not reseolved in my mind, hope you can give me an answer !

I have a indexer/importer/expoter storing SQL request into a XML file. So first, to avoid memory probleme with JVM, I generate this XML file un a thread safe. Then Later i'll parse this XML file to execute every request stored in this file.
But this file is very big (700 Mo), but I assume that SAX parser will handle it.
The only things is, don't have any control during the parse process ? Can't we cancel the parsing ?
And last things, before parsing, you must set a ContentHandler and overide certain method. My probleme is the character(char[] chars, int start,int length) method, as char[] chars is suppose to store all the content of the file I will have a big trouble ?

thanx !

<<Less

Re: About very big XML file and 'character' method in ContentHandler

Posted By:   Roseanne_Zhang  
Posted On:   Thursday, October 24, 2002 08:14 PM

About | Sitemap | Contact