dcsimg
how to send an Arabic text message ?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   mike_f
Posted On:   Tuesday, October 22, 2002 06:10 PM

hello , I really need someone to tell me a single and working way to send messages that contains Arabic text ... I tryed many ways , so now i don't know which "Charset" to use, or which "Content-Transfer-Encoding" to set , or should I use the method MimeUtility.encodeText(String text, String charset, String encoding) or should i convert the text message using the method: public byte[] getBytes(String enc) Or there is problem with the Java API 1.2 or Fort for Java CE v3.0 or the locals of Win XP or my SMTP or UTF-8 or Unicode or the recipient Explorer encoding...! , Cause I always get a message like this :"?????????" Is there a convenient way to r   More>>

hello , I really need someone to tell me a single and working way to send messages that contains Arabic text ...

I tryed many ways , so now i don't know which "Charset" to use, or which "Content-Transfer-Encoding" to set , or should I use
the method MimeUtility.encodeText(String text, String charset, String encoding)
or should i convert the text message using the method: public byte[] getBytes(String enc)

Or there is problem with the Java API 1.2 or Fort for Java CE v3.0 or the locals of Win XP or my SMTP or UTF-8 or Unicode or the recipient Explorer encoding...! , Cause I always get a message like this :"?????????"

Is there a convenient way to read string contains Arabic characters and convert it to "UTF-8"

Somebody help me...!

.    <<Less

Re: how to send an Arabic text message ?

Posted By:   eimi_nos  
Posted On:   Wednesday, October 23, 2002 03:58 AM

You can use

java.io.InputStreamReader(InputStream stream, String encoding);

and

java.io.OutputStreamWriter(OutputStream stream, String encoding);

with suitable encodings you indicate.
About | Sitemap | Contact