Problem in Loading ORACLE THIN DRIVERS in LINUX - TOMCAT with STRUTS
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Monday, October 21, 2002 11:54 PM

I am using STRUTS 1.0.2 with TOMCAT 4.0.4 in LINUX-RED HAT 7.3 for my web application. My business classes are using ORACLE THIN DRIVER to connect to my Oracle DB. The Driver Classes are in the CLASSPATH of TOMCAT. It is throwing ClassNotFound exception of oracle jdbc divers.

I tested the set of classes by writing a simple servlet with out struts, It is working.

When the same set of classes are called from Action Servlet of the STRUTS, it is not working. It is throwing ClassNotFound Exception. CLASSPATH is proper.

What will be the problem ?

Re: Problem in Loading ORACLE THIN DRIVERS in LINUX - TOMCAT with STRUTS

Posted By:   DC_Cothren  
Posted On:   Tuesday, October 22, 2002 11:49 AM

The classes12.zip that contains Oracle's thin driver is a "zip" file rather than a "jar" file. While a jar's compression format is the same, there is no manifest in a zip file. So I suspect that the ClassNotFound exception is due to an inspection of the manifest, and the lack thereof produces the error. To correct, unzip the classes12.zip and jar up the resultant files into a classes12.jar. Put this into your classpath. While I solved a similar problem using these steps, it was using Caucho's Resin without Struts, but it seemed to work. Good luck.
About | Sitemap | Contact