dcsimg
Strategy question on application parameters, filesystem and EJBs.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Manos_Batsis
Posted On:   Monday, October 21, 2002 04:02 AM

Hello folks, I have an application requierment where I need to provide parameters about the application (LDAP server URLs etc) in an easy to edit text file (I use XML). I prototyped using JSPs, but now I want to optimize and port to EJBs. The requierments say that for one to update the parameters file, all that should be needed is modify the file and restart the application. So, from the EJB view, the data is read only. I'm new to EJBs and would appreciate any advice and possible approaches that would optimize my application while keeping up with client requierments. Thanks for any pointers :-) Manos    More>>

Hello folks,

I have an application requierment where I need to provide parameters about the application (LDAP server URLs etc) in an easy to edit text file (I use XML). I prototyped using JSPs, but now I want to optimize and port to EJBs.

The requierments say that for one to update the parameters file, all that should be needed is modify the file and restart the application. So, from the EJB view, the data is read only.

I'm new to EJBs and would appreciate any advice and possible approaches that would optimize my application while keeping up with client requierments. Thanks for any pointers :-)

Manos

<<Less

Re: Strategy question on application parameters, filesystem and EJBs.

Posted By:   Gautam_Marwaha  
Posted On:   Monday, October 21, 2002 04:08 AM

As per EJB spec file I/O isn't allowed.

If this is some kind of configuration file for your server side app., then you can provide environmental entries in deployment descriptor XML files - ejb-jar.xml (for ejb), web.xml (for web apps). These env entries are available to you via JNDI lookup.
About | Sitemap | Contact