dcsimg
Tomcat Problems
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Eric_Rodriguez
Posted On:   Thursday, October 17, 2002 12:54 PM

I have setup Tomcat and JDK, and have been doing alot of JSP all is going well. When I tried to create a servlet based app I ran into trouble. I created my app directory under the "webapps" directory, created the directory "WEB-INF" with the "classes" directory under it and finally created my web.xml file under the "WEB-INF" directory. I created and compiled my servlet, restarted Tomcat and proceeded to the Manager page to make sure the application had started, it had not. When I click on the start link I get an error message which says: "Message: FAIL - Application at context path /mine could not". This happens when I try to start the application. Does anyone have a clue as to what t   More>>

I have setup Tomcat and JDK, and have been doing alot of JSP all is going well. When I tried to create a servlet based app I ran into trouble. I created my app directory under the "webapps" directory, created the directory "WEB-INF" with the "classes" directory under it and finally created my web.xml file under the "WEB-INF" directory. I created and compiled my servlet, restarted Tomcat and proceeded to the Manager page to make sure the application had started, it had not.

When I click on the start link I get an error message which says: "Message: FAIL - Application at context path /mine could not". This happens when I try to start the application. Does anyone have a clue as to what the problem might be?

Windows NT 4.0

Tomcat 4.1

JDK 1.4

Thanks...

<<Less

Re: Tomcat Problems

Posted By:   Barbara_Kurdyla  
Posted On:   Wednesday, October 30, 2002 06:04 PM

They changed the $#@%! directory structure for Tomcat 4.0. In order to get the apps to load, I had to put them in the webapps/WEB-INF/classes directory. Try experimenting with directory placements until something works. Good luck. I gave up and went back to 3.n.
About | Sitemap | Contact