Problems in setting up a mysql connection from JBuilder
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Wednesday, October 16, 2002 12:28 PM

Hi, sorry for my bad English, I have tried to set up a connection to MySQL server from JBuilder 7 Enterprise (Windows 2000), following all the steps provided in the HELP: 1) created the MySQL lib pointing to the Jar file of the driver (I' ve tried with mysql-connector-java-3.0.0, mysql-connector-java-2.0.14, mysql-connector-java-2.0.11) 2) created the config file from the Database Driver table in the Enterprise Setup menù and tried to add it to the drivers available, hightlighting the config file name and clicking OK. 3) restarted Jbuilder 4) added the MySQL lib to the Project Required Libraries But when I go to the Database Schema Pr   More>>

Hi, sorry for my bad English,

I have tried to set up a connection to MySQL server from JBuilder 7 Enterprise (Windows 2000), following all the steps provided in the HELP:

1) created the MySQL lib pointing to the Jar file of the driver (I' ve tried with mysql-connector-java-3.0.0, mysql-connector-java-2.0.14, mysql-connector-java-2.0.11)

2) created the config file from the Database Driver table in the Enterprise Setup menù and tried to add it to the drivers available, hightlighting the config file name and clicking OK.

3) restarted Jbuilder

4) added the MySQL lib to the Project Required Libraries

But when I go to the Database Schema Provider, the Mysql driver dosen't appear in the available drivers list.

I' ve tried to follow the same procedure with Oracle JDBC driver, and all went OK. So I'm thinking it could be a problem in the MySQL driver.

Is there anybody who succeded in setting up the driver? Can you help me?

Bye!

Amaì

<<Less

Re: Problems in setting up a mysql connection from JBuilder

Posted By:   JC_Huet  
Posted On:   Thursday, October 24, 2002 02:12 PM

Well i dont think so, same thing happend to me.

I dont see the new sql driver in the list box.

I have to type it in the textfield.

That doesnt mean that ur driver is bad,

mine works perfectly...

JC
About | Sitemap | Contact