drop down list - multiple selection
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   garfield_11
Posted On:   Tuesday, October 15, 2002 02:07 AM

Hi all, Here's my problem: I'd a form page called "contactreport_add.asp" and had a drop down menu to display all Consultants' names with multiple selection (extract from database table Consultants). Then I'd an action page called "contactreport_add_proc.asp" and I did this: strSelectedTeams = Request.Form("ConsultantName") arrSelectedTeams = Split(strSelectedTeams, ", ", -1, 1) Ok lets say from that drop down list I selected Jane, Mary n Susan and insert them into the database. it works. Now the problem is; if I had another page called "contactreport_view.asp" and I wanna retrieve n di   More>>

Hi all,

Here's my problem:

I'd a form page called "contactreport_add.asp" and had a drop down menu to display all Consultants' names with multiple selection (extract from database table Consultants).

Then I'd an action page called "contactreport_add_proc.asp" and I did this:

strSelectedTeams = Request.Form("ConsultantName")

arrSelectedTeams = Split(strSelectedTeams, ", ", -1, 1)

Ok lets say from that drop down list I selected Jane, Mary n Susan and insert them into the database. it works.

Now the problem is; if I had another page called "contactreport_view.asp" and I wanna retrieve n display just now that saved data from database, how can i do so?

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Love_Garfield.

<<Less

Re: drop down list - multiple selection

Posted By:   Nitesh_Naveen  
Posted On:   Tuesday, October 15, 2002 02:17 AM

I'm not sure you had your question clear enough!!! In case you need to display it in a seprate page, you need to conenct to the database and retrieve the data. In case you just need to show the saved ones in the processing page itself you can read it direclly from reuest and as you insert it you can also display them in the page. If you really need to go to a different page, then you can either forward the same request or put the data in session and pass it on(would be heavy on the browser/server if data is huge). I don't know the ASP equivalent for RequestDispatcher.forward in JSP/servlet, which can be used for forwarding the request. If you can tell us the requirement more clearly we coudl suggest an alternative approach.
About | Sitemap | Contact