dcsimg
Give me answer its urgent question and easiet question.I would check after 5 hours.
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   asheer_sava
Posted On:   Saturday, October 12, 2002 06:02 PM

sir i want to know how to access the records of a table made
in sql.Is it possible to access a table through j2se and j2me.
If there is a way to access a table having records of an employee through j2me.If so is the case than how.

sir
There is no restriction for single reply.more and more replies plz

while putting an answer than plz use simple and easy
way.

Thanx very much.

Re: Give me answer its urgent question and easiet question.I would check after 5 hours.

Posted By:   Jeanne_Boyarsky  
Posted On:   Sunday, October 13, 2002 03:39 PM

You can run SQL commands through JDBC. Check out the JDBC FAQ or Sun's JDBC short course.

Re: Give me answer its urgent question and easiet question.I would check after 5 hours.

Posted By:   Brandon_George  
Posted On:   Sunday, October 13, 2002 09:20 AM

hmmm... well since you want a lot of replies, here you go. A way that comes to mind is to use XML. Have an scehma, or to a lesser DTD that checks the format of the XML documents. Then you could send back and forth XML documents.

Client Side (J2ME):

You could use kXML, tinyXML or some other XML parser, then you could edit/add/delete records from the XML document.
You could then send the XML document to a Servlet, or Java Server App.

Server Side (J2SE | J2EE):

The Server Side application could be a Servlet, or a Standalone App. that would parse the XML, check it's format (using DTD or Schema) And then the server could insert the XML data as SQL Data and vise versa when the client needs to pull data.

hope this helps.
Just an idea.

About | Sitemap | Contact