dcsimg
<strong>How can I send a single row's "changed" data back to the Action class for processing</strong>
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   ron_rea
Posted On:   Saturday, October 12, 2002 03:50 PM

This is probably a piece of cake for most of you, but I am having a heck of a time with it. I have created a table of data in a JSP using the Nested:Iterate tag. One column of the table, the Terminate Date, is a text field. The idea being that the user can modify the Terminate date, click on the Update link in the row next to it, and that row's data is sent back to the Action class and the Terminate Date is updated with the modified data. Unfortunately, when I click on the link, the original Terminate Date is sent back to the Action class, not the modified Terminate Date, as if no change was made. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated? JSP code snippet within the nes   More>>

This is probably a piece of cake for most of you, but I am having a heck of a time with it.

I have created a table of data in a JSP using the Nested:Iterate tag. One column of the table, the Terminate Date, is a text field. The idea being that the user can modify the Terminate date, click on the Update link in the row next to it, and that row's data is sent back to the Action class and the Terminate Date is updated with the modified data.

Unfortunately, when I click on the link, the original Terminate Date is sent back to the Action class, not the modified Terminate Date, as if no change was made. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated?

JSP code snippet within the nested:iterate tag for "rulesUpdate.jsp":

&gridRuleNbr=
&terminateDate= '>Update

<<Less

Re: <strong>How can I send a single row's "changed" data back to the Action class for processing</strong>

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Sunday, October 13, 2002 04:35 PM

Of course if you do it as you wrote it, where you write the value of "terminateDate" in the JSP on the server before the response goes to the client, hardcoded into the URL, then that's what you're going to get back, when the client clicks on the link!

To change a value, on the client, and send back the change, you either need to post it as a field in a form, or else use Javascript to construct a parameter for the URL.

About | Sitemap | Contact