dcsimg
JBuilder6 Professional and AppServer 5
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ian_Ohlander
Posted On:   Friday, October 11, 2002 08:09 PM

I am trying to learn j2ee and have sun's RI and a good book on the subject. But I wanted to use my JB6 professional to do the exercises. So I began my first project on JNDI and it works fine if I run it from the command prompt using sun's RI. But when I put it into JB6 I keep getting this error: javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Need to specify class name in environment or system property, or as an applet parameter, or in an application resource file: java.naming.factory.initial Even when I run both the RI (after setenv) or AppServer 5. The documentation doesn't seem to explain how to set up the appserver with Jbuilder 6 professional and I couldn't find anything on the web that didn't apply to JB enterprise edition.    More>>

I am trying to learn j2ee and have sun's RI and a good book on the subject. But I wanted to use my JB6 professional to do the exercises. So I began my first project on JNDI and it works fine if I run it from the command prompt using sun's RI. But when I put it into JB6 I keep getting this error:

javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Need to specify class name in environment or system property, or as an applet parameter, or in an application resource file: java.naming.factory.initial

Even when I run both the RI (after setenv) or AppServer 5. The documentation doesn't seem to explain how to set up the appserver with Jbuilder 6 professional and I couldn't find anything on the web that didn't apply to JB enterprise edition.

Can you use Appserver 5 with JB 6 Prof? How do you tell JB6 that you want to, and that that appserver will run an implementation of JNDI?

How do you use JB6 prof and appServer (or any j2ee server, like the RI)?

I really want to learn this and I thought JB6 prof would be a good place to start.

Can anyone help me out?

Ian Ohlander

ianohlander@yahoo.com

<<Less

Re: JBuilder6 Professional and AppServer 5

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Monday, October 14, 2002 01:32 AM

I think, the JBuilder-Documentation is a good start. But for short: if you want client-server-communication with Borlands appserver, the simplest way is to start the OSAgent and use a simple Context ctx = new InitialContext(); without any properties. The AppServer could be started by JBuilder. Mmmm. I see - you need the Enterprise Edition for doing J2EE-stuff. So maybe you´ll find more infos on JBoss-Homepage http://www.jboss.org.
About | Sitemap | Contact