dcsimg
mobile devices viewing pictures
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Muhammad_Murad
Posted On:   Friday, October 11, 2002 01:36 AM

Hi all! I am assigned a system in which mobiles/cell/handphones view a picture stored into them. as all the pictures are stored in a compressed format, the devices dont have the speed to uncompress the data and then display on screen.

For this, I am assigned to develop a system in which, when a mobile device attempts to view a picture stored in it, the compressed picture is first transferred to the mobile service provider, who decompresses the picture i.e. it does processing for the mobile device, and then sends the uncompressed picture back to the mobile device.

Kindly advice what tools should I use (preferably java based) in order to fulfil the requirement.

Re: mobile devices viewing pictures

Posted By:   Lasse_Koskela  
Posted On:   Friday, October 11, 2002 03:18 AM

"what tools should I use" for what? Networking? Decompression?

If you're talking about tools for decompression, then you need to inform us about the compression format. If the pictures are compressed using ZIP/GZIP then use the standard SDK package java.util.zip.

If you're talking about tools for converting an image format to another (e.g. JPEG -> WBMP), take a look at the Java Advanced Imaging API.

If you wanted to ask about preferred networking technologies for transfering the picture to be converted, HTTP is the only viable option (the one protocol that all network-enabled mobile devices support).

About | Sitemap | Contact