Problems with get/set naming differences under weblogic and webSphere
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Thursday, October 10, 2002 03:36 AM

Dear gurus... I'm in real trouble. I've got an application running fine under webLogic but (don't ask why) I've got to migrate it to webSphere. There are thongs of problems (like having to declare the id taglib attribute in the TLD, etc, etc.) But there is one that REALLY scares me. I've got a EJB-like styling for a lot of container classes, and, of course, all my taglibs. With weblogic variables like "cUser" have their get/set methods named "getCUser" and "setCUser" respectively. But, AND THIS IS MY PROBLEM!!, webSphere tries to invoke "getcUser" and "setcUser" methods !!!!!!!!   More>>

Dear gurus...

I'm in real trouble.

I've got an application running fine under webLogic but (don't ask why) I've got to migrate it to webSphere.

There are thongs of problems (like having to declare the id taglib attribute in the TLD, etc, etc.) But there is one that REALLY scares me.

I've got a EJB-like styling for a lot of container classes, and, of course, all my taglibs.

With weblogic variables like "cUser" have their get/set methods named "getCUser" and "setCUser" respectively. But, AND THIS IS MY PROBLEM!!, webSphere tries to invoke "getcUser" and "setcUser" methods !!!!!!!!

Which is the standard??? "getCUser" or "getcUser".

I know I'll have to change all my taglibs, in order to make them work under webSphere (I've got no choice) but I'd like to let all container classes with an EJB-compliant get/set named methods.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks everybody in advance

Reboot, EDC.

<<Less

Re: Problems with get/set naming differences under weblogic and webSphere

Posted By:   eimi_nos  
Posted On:   Thursday, October 10, 2002 05:07 AM

I do not know about standards.
But you might be able to add "getcUser" "setcUser" methods with

[return value] getcUser(args){
return this.getCUser(args);
}

[return value] setcUser(args){
this.setCUser(args);
}

thought I am not sure they work in your case. Just test them.
About | Sitemap | Contact