Resizing Tomcat's DOS window to 50 lines in Win98?
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Kevin_Hastie
Posted On:   Wednesday, October 9, 2002 12:43 PM

When running Tomcat, especially in the case of errors, often stdout and stderr ouput scrolls off the screen in Tomcat's DOS window. I know that these windows can be set to 50 lines (instead of the default 20 or so) using a PIF. However, since the Tomcat startup script opens a new window, my PIF settings only modify the settings for the startup script window, not the actual Tomcat window. Anyone know a way to fix this? Is there code I can add to startup.bat, tomcat.bat (or startup.sh or tomcat.sh) to change the window size? I realize that logging is a solution, but I would rather be able to see tomcat's output immediately, rather than having to open up a log file every time. Thanks in advance. Using Win98.    More>>

When running Tomcat, especially in the case of errors, often stdout and stderr ouput scrolls off the screen in Tomcat's DOS window. I know that these windows can be set to 50 lines (instead of the default 20 or so) using a PIF. However, since the Tomcat startup script opens a new window, my PIF settings only modify the settings for the startup script window, not the actual Tomcat window. Anyone know a way to fix this? Is there code I can add to startup.bat, tomcat.bat (or startup.sh or tomcat.sh) to change the window size?

I realize that logging is a solution, but I would rather be able to see tomcat's output immediately, rather than having to open up a log file every time.

Thanks in advance. Using Win98.

<<Less

Re: Resizing Tomcat's DOS window to 50 lines in Win98?

Posted By:   Simon_Ablett  
Posted On:   Thursday, October 10, 2002 03:31 AM

If Windows 98 supports something akin to the Unix 'tail -f' command this could be a solution to your problem (Windows NT seems to have the command - 'help tail'). Simply have an additional command window open and 'tail' the log file.

Regards.

Re: Resizing Tomcat's DOS window to 50 lines in Win98?

Posted By:   AlessandroA_Garbagnati  
Posted On:   Thursday, October 10, 2002 12:35 AM

Kevin,

This is something that doesn't have anything to do with Tomcat, but is a Windows issue, and the only way to do that is to handle it in the PIF settings of the script.
About | Sitemap | Contact