dcsimg
Sun RMI Example
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Feargal_Egan
Posted On:   Wednesday, October 9, 2002 09:36 AM

Hi, I'm working my way through j2ee topics at the moment and have stalled at rmi. I've tried to get the sun rmi example working and have failed miserably. Everything goes fine until I try to start the server, I get the following exception HelloImpl err: Error unmarshaling return; nested exception is:     java.io.EOFException java.rmi.UnmarshalException: Error unmarshaling return; nested exception is:     java.io.EOFException     at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:217)     at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:350)     at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub   More>>

Hi,

I'm working my way through j2ee topics at the moment and have stalled at rmi. I've tried to get the sun rmi example working and have failed miserably.

Everything goes fine until I try to start the server, I get the following exception

HelloImpl err: Error unmarshaling return; nested exception is:

java.io.EOFException

java.rmi.UnmarshalException: Error unmarshaling return; nested exception is:

java.io.EOFException

at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:217)

at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:350)

at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.rebind(Unknown Source)

at java.rmi.Naming.rebind(Naming.java:159)

at examples.hello.HelloImpl.main(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.io.EOFException

at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.peekByte(ObjectInputStream.java:2423)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1235)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:322)

at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:215)

... 4 more

I have gone back over all the code and steps in the tutorial several times with the same result. Can somebody help.................?

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact