dcsimg
Is that Jbuilder the most convenient java writing s/w?
4 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   a_b
Posted On:   Wednesday, October 9, 2002 01:46 AM

i wonder to know except jbuilder , is that any other s/w good for writing java programe?

as i know , Forte , text editor , dos editor, J++ and dos editor is some good s/w?

any other good s/w introduce? thx a lot?

Re: Is that Jbuilder the most convenient java writing s/w?

Posted By:   Taneli_Waltari  
Posted On:   Wednesday, October 16, 2002 01:50 AM

My favorite IDE for Java is currently Eclipse (www.eclipse.org). And ofcourse there is always Emacs; I'm using JDE java mode on XEmacs.

Posted By:   AlessandroA_Garbagnati  
Posted On:   Thursday, October 10, 2002 12:06 AM

Hi,

I have tried many IDE and JBuilder is definitely one of the best. Many people I know, for example, have moved from Forte or VAS to JBuilder, especially because it has a better interface, and has a great amount of helps that can speed up the development (and the deployment) of application, especially web and ejb applications, where JBuilder takes care of many aspects, allowing the user to focalize the attention to writing the code.

The editor of the IDE is also fully configurable, so you can make it exaclty like any other editor.

For the design phase I use Together and definitely the two software can be used "together"...

Posted By:   AlessandroA_Garbagnati  
Posted On:   Thursday, October 10, 2002 12:06 AM

Hi,

I have tried many IDE and JBuilder is definitely one of the best. Many people I know, for example, have moved from Forte or VAS to JBuilder, especially because it has a better interface, and has a great amount of helps that can speed up the development (and the deployment) of application, especially web and ejb applications, where JBuilder takes care of many aspects, allowing the user to focalize the attention to writing the code.

The editor of the IDE is also fully configurable, so you can make it exaclty like any other editor.

For the design phase I use Together and definitely the two software can be used "together"...

Posted By:   Simon_Ablett  
Posted On:   Wednesday, October 9, 2002 04:11 AM

Personally I favour TextPad and Ant under Windows. Whilst under Unix I tend to use Vi and Ant. Note the common denominator (i.e. ant).

I also tend to use Describe or TogetherJ during the requirements and design phases. However for development I tend to prefer to use a simple editor / build tool combination. This means I can build the same code on different OSes with no changes to my build files. I also don't like the latency involved in bringing up a complex GUI or the time required to learn its interface.

A few of my colleagues use JBuilder but I have found it to be slow and buggy.

Regards.
About | Sitemap | Contact