dcsimg
Newbie Q : How (if) can Lucene be used to index and search content encapsulated in dynamic JSPs?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Sam_Jun
Posted On:   Wednesday, October 9, 2002 01:43 AM

Hello all, A newbie here so if the question seems old and silly - apologies in advance. * Problem : I need to implement a search functionality with Lucene for a client site with a dynamic portion implemented with JSPs interfacing a DB. Given my understanding of Lucene, it basically indexes a data set and then retrieves from this index. How can I apply this to effect a search over my entire site's content? * Possible(??) Solution : Modify the index on the fly using data returned in a JSP each time a JSP is invoked. Does this seem reasonable? (Overall site size is fairly small) Has something like this been done    More>>

Hello all,

A newbie here so if the question seems old and silly - apologies in advance.

* Problem : I need to implement a search functionality with Lucene for a client site with a dynamic portion implemented with JSPs interfacing a DB.

Given my understanding of Lucene, it basically indexes a data set and then retrieves from this index. How can I apply this to effect a search over my entire site's content?

* Possible(??) Solution : Modify the index on the fly using data returned in a JSP each time a JSP is invoked.

Does this seem reasonable? (Overall site size is fairly small)

Has something like this been done already? (scanned the Lucene FAQs and Forum, unfortunately whats already there didnt help much)

Thanks in advance

-Sam

<<Less

Re: Newbie Q : How (if) can Lucene be used to index and search content encapsulated in dynamic JSPs?

Posted By:   Otis_Gospodnetic  
Posted On:   Wednesday, October 9, 2002 07:07 PM

You can either write a crawler that crawls your site and indexes the dynamically generated contenent, or you can index your database directly.
Which approach is better depends on what exactly you want to do.

If you do the crawling, then check our LARM project in Lucene Sandbox. If you take the second approach check out Lucene contributions page.

Whichever approach you choose, be sure to check out the lucene-user mailing list archives, as this has been discussed a number of times there.

About | Sitemap | Contact