dcsimg
Post Method bug on Tomcat-4.0.1
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ramon_Lewis
Posted On:   Friday, October 4, 2002 09:44 AM

Whenever I use the post method in a form with enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded" tomcat-4.0.1 does not send the parameters in the form to another jsp page. If I change the post to a get it sends the parameters. The funny thing is that sometimes the post with enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded" works and other times it dosen't, so I have to always use a get to ensure that the parameters in the form are always being sent. Also, I have a jsp page that uploads files so I have to use a post with enctype="multipart/form-data" but this works even when the post with enctype=&q   More>>

Whenever I use the post method in a form with enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
tomcat-4.0.1 does not send the parameters in
the form to another jsp page. If I change the post
to a get it sends the parameters.

The funny thing is that sometimes the post with
enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
works and other times it dosen't, so I have to always use a get to ensure that the parameters in the form are always
being sent.

Also, I have a jsp page that uploads files
so I have to use a post with
enctype="multipart/form-data" but this works even when
the post with enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
does not work!

Is there some type of configuration that I need to set on tomcat to make the post method more stable or is this a bug in tomcat?
If anyone can offer any insight into this problem please let
me know.
Thanks
   <<Less

Re: Post Method bug on Tomcat-4.0.1

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Friday, October 4, 2002 09:59 AM

The funny thing is that sometimes the post with
enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
works and other times it dosen't, so I have to always use a get to ensure that the parameters in the form are always
being sent.

I would look at what is different, in your code, in the data, etc., between the cases where it works and the cases where it doesn't.

About | Sitemap | Contact